If you’re in the market for a new reader, I would suggest looking into the Kobo Ereaders if you have a chance.
So far with the Kobo Ereaders, you can
- Borrow from your local library if they offer this service
- Borrow from Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec
- Buy from other sources like: Archambault, Renaud-Bray
- Even from directly from select Publishers: Dover
- Also download free Ebooks, classics in epub format from Project Gutenberg
I heard things about Amazon Ereaders, that they have features like lock screens.
Hope this helps a bit, will update.